Hip Pain Questions You Should Ask Your Orthopedic Doctor
Hip pain can be produced by different causes: osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, traumatic arthritis, fractures and/or osteoporosis. When hip pain arises it is best to consult your orthopedic doctor in order to get a proper analysis and receive the precise diagnosis.
It is always recommendable to prepare yourself before the consultation in order to get the best out of it. For that reason, we want to help you with some of the questions you should ask your orthopedic doctor:
- What is the cause of my hip pain? Is it a condition?
- If so, what is causing my condition?
- Is this hip pain permanent?
- How can I stop my hip pain from happening again? If it is a condition, what can I do?
- Do I need lab or diagnostic test? How soon will I get my results? Should I call back the office for them?
- Do I need medications? If so, which ones?
- What is the effect of the medications I will take?
- How often should I take them? Empty stomach? With food?
- What are the side effects of the medication?
- Are there any combination issues with other drugs or food?
- Can I operate a car/motor engine while on the medication?
- Do I need to stop or decrease the amount of certain daily activities like exercise?
- How can I improve my overall health?
Orthopedic Corner | Leon Mead MD Orthopedic Doctor | 730 Goodlette Road North, Suite 201 Naples Florida 34102 | Phone: (239) 262-1119